OWL Talks

Looking Back on the First Semester of the Honors Mentoring Program

Posted by Kaitlyn Amuso on Feb 15, 2017 2:24:00 PM

The Fall 2016 semester brought the beginning of the Westfield State Honors Mentoring Program. Despite formally starting in the fall, the program’s impact on students began over the summer. Olivia Barbeau, a first-year student in the Honors Program, said, “the Mentoring Program has helped me to adapt better to the Westfield community since I was able to text my mentor all summer. I liked that I got to know a familiar face on campus before I even got here.”

Read More

Topics: Honors, Student leadership, Getting the most out of your college experience

What it Means to Me to be a Westfield State Owl

Posted by Nate Barnes on Jan 18, 2017 7:08:00 PM

Let me be the first to tell you that my decision to come play baseball at Westfield State was one of the best decisions I have made. As a senior in high school, I always dreamed ofbeing an athlete in college and playing baseball at a prestigious institution with the hopes of getting looked at to play after college. Oh how small-minded I was at the time! When things fell through at other schools I was looking at, I decided to go to Westfield State in the fall of 2013 to further my education and baseball career. What I did not know at that time was the amount of character I would develop and the long-lasting relationships I would build throughout my tenure here.

Read More

Topics: Choosing the right college, Student leadership, Getting the most out of your college experience

Heading to college? Learn how to become a student leader!

Posted by Kelly Hart on Nov 8, 2016 1:47:59 PM

Classes are all picked out. The dorm room is unpacked. You even mapped out the fastest way to get around campus. What’s next? You might be asking yourself this a lot as you head into your freshmen year at Westfield State University. If you’re anything like thousands of our students, the answer might be “Get Involved!” Read on to learn about how you can become a student leader.

Read More

Topics: Choosing the right college, Student leadership

Join the conversation!

Snapshots about the Westfield Experience

Straight from the Owls’ Mouths… 

There are so many stories to tell, and no one does it better than our students, faculty, staff and alumni.  Choose a topic or get an overall look at life at Westfield to help you come away with a better understanding of what a great college looks like.

Subscribe to Email Updates

• Westfield survival guide
  • How to choose the right college
  • Westfield survival guide
  • CTA-its-your-life-5b.jpg